Wednesday 23 February 2011

Would never have happened if I'd stayed in the day job

Well, it wouldn't. No matter how good an engineer I was, no matter what I'd designed or built, I would not have got a meeting in Hollywood.
A few weeks ago I contacted my film agent. There's someone he'd like me to meet. This person is incredibly busy BUT since I was in the US, maybe, just maybe, a meeting could be arranged, if I was up to it.
Like I was going to say no.
So, since I have NOTHING ELSE TO ADD (that will hopefully be all post-meeting), we'll play the 'who'd you like to play Billi/Arthur/Kay etc' game.
Billi - well, first choice would have to be Leslie Conor, who's Billi on the book covers. Next would be Jessica, back when she was a brunette.
Arthur- Has to be James Purefoy. I know it should have gone to Christian Bale but James has been doing a lot of sword-work recently and, God-dammit, is playing a Templar in his next movie. Sorted.
Micheal- Aiden Turner from Being Human. Oh Lord, he's gorgeous and has a very definate dark side. Being Human, how TV should be.
Ivan- We're going for Ben Barnes. He was excellent in Dorian Gray, aristocratic, cruel and elegant. Perfect for my Russian prince.
Kay is a younger Paul Bettany. He's doing quite a lot of supernatural stuff right now and recently played the Archangel Michael in Legion.
Gwaine would be Michael Rooker, out of the Walking Dead. Grim, gritty, grey and a total nutter. We like.
It's become quite sureal, all this. I don't quite know what to make of it. I'm having breakfats and then think, 'Bloody hell, I'm going to Hollywood next week' but most of my energy is sorting out who's collecting the kids from school while I'm gone. However, I will be ironing my shirts, now that's something that happens all to rarely in this household.
The US tour with Rachel Hawkins begins next week. I'll keep you updated on the travels and tribulations throughout. If you're around, do pop by and say 'hello'. Bring pie if you can. And who knows, I may have something to announce while I'm there.
Oh, gosh, I DO have something else to announce! Just waiting on some people. It's all good, folks!

6 comments:

MissA said...

FINALLY some GOOD NEWS! Between finding out LK Madigan died and that Arizona is trying to pass a stupid immmigration law, I needed something good.

I really, really, really x10000000 need this to go through :) I was going to make my own post but I don't want to go aganist the author ;) I'm not a fan of Ben Barnes but maybe my view will change after seeing him in Dorian Gray.

john said...

I'm going to ring you and find out what your on about, Sarwat.
You'd better not go away without telling me all.

iffath said...

I saw Ben Barnes and went a bit starry-eyed. *giggles*

I'd *die* if the books were made into a film!!

Rose said...

I would like myself to play Billi! I'll even dye my golden sunbeam hair for it! :p
No seriously, this would be the best news in weeks! Charm that guy so he makes your books into movies. Lots of people are counting of you, Sarwat, lots.
P.S I miss a certain vibe in Paul Bettany. Great actor but not the perfect Kay, not even hypothetically, 'cause he's to old now :D.

NatashaRae said...

I was freaked out when I was reading the description of Billi, she looks exactly like me except for the whole height thing.i honestly thought that I look alot if not exactly like Billi . . . If the book is made into a movie i would so audition for the part of Bili. Another think that I found funny is that my mom packistanian and my father is white. Althogh Billi's mother was killed when she was young my mothers wasnt, but I have grown up without my dad which is pretty much opposite of Billi but that dosen't matter . . . (: Anyways if the book is made into a movie I am so going to audition. (:

NatashaRae said...

I was freaked out when I was reading the description of Billi, she looks exactly like me except for the whole height thing.i honestly thought that I look alot if not exactly like Billi . . . If the book is made into a movie i would so audition for the part of Bili. Another think that I found funny is that my mom packistanian and my father is white. Althogh Billi's mother was killed when she was young my mothers wasnt, but I have grown up without my dad which is pretty much opposite of Billi but that dosen't matter . . . (: Anyways if the book is made into a movie I am so going to audition. (: