Thursday 17 June 2010

We need werewolves. Lots of werewolves.

It's werewolf month and I'd like to bring in another member of the pack, Jordan Deen. She's written Crescent and its sequel, Half Moon, which comes out Jan 2011.

Synopsis of 'The Crescent':

Becoming a werewolf is not an option for seventeen-year-old Lacey Quinn, but death can be a strong motivator.

Lacey is so focused on her future that everyday life has passed her by. Counting down the days to her eighteenth birthday, Lacey is almost home free. But when she falls for the mysterious Alex Morris, she lands in the middle of an ancient war between two enemy wolf packs. Tempting dreams, tantalizing lies and a dangerous love triangle ensues leaving Lacey heartbroken and confused.

Lacey's fate rests in the hands of Alex and Brandon, but both are pulling her strings for their own agendas. Even as she slips further into the dark world of werewolves, Lacey struggles to find the truth and save the only family she's ever known.

Jordan filled me in with a few choice details regarding her love of all things hairy and howling.

1) Most scary book about werewolves/shifters? I hate to say- I haven't read any truly scary werewolf/shifter stories! Maybe I don't scare that easily? I've read many that I loved, but I'm looking for suggestions for some good scary ones!

2) Scariest werewolf movie? By FAR American Werewolf in Paris. This movie rocked. I loved the visuals, the fight scenes, everything about it. Then again, the most recent 'Wolfman' with Anthony Hopkins was an amazing story as well. If you haven't seen these, pick them up today!

3) Any do's and don't about werewolves? Top tips? Ooohhh I love this question.
Do: Do check for back hair.
Don't: Wax it off while he's sleeping, especially under a full moon.
Do: Carry shackles and chains just in case.
Don't: forget the locks
Do: Ask about his parents.
Don't: Meet them at night, at their creepy house in the middle of nowhere.
Do: Fall in love if you want.
Don't: Fall over a misplace tree root while you are running from his massive furriness.

Top tips:
Don't drink water after him.
Don't bite him and don't let him bite you!
Don't think a mere silver bullet can stop a hungry canine.
Don't get jealous if another she-were is into your he-were... it's a pack thing.

2 comments:

Rose said...

God I hate Belgium. Or my -far- too little library. None of the packbooks is available here.Thank god we have chocolat.
Grr, I still feel fur and teeth coming up... :)

iffath said...

Loved the do's and don't! Hilarious! Going to check this book out..